Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dear Mercydez

Dear Mercydez,

You have inspired Mommy and Daddy. We want to reach out to others, because of you. We want to make a difference in the world, because of you.

Today, we start school. We are starting over: clean, fresh. You have inspired us to return. Will you check in on us from time to time? Will you let us know when you are close by?

We miss you. We want you to know we aren't going back to school to forget you... we are going back to school because we refuse to forget you. We will forever remember you. You are our inspiration to be better, to face each day head-on.

Little Mercy, we want you to know that Mommy and Daddy are doing well. We are surrounded by those who truly care. Their love has carried us. We are finding joy in each day, even the hard days. We are looking for opportunities to laugh, to smile, to serve. We do this, because we know this is what you would want us to do. We know this is how you faced every day. You were a warrior here on earth. We want to be like you....

So, our sweet, silly little angel, know that we love you. And, as we return to school and life gets back to being hectic, know that we never forget to remember.

Love,
Daddy and Mommy

10 comments:

The Simmons Family said...

That is too sweet and my mascara is running! GOOD LUCK with school.. I'm sure Mercydez is VERY proud!!!!

Stephanie Ellinger said...

I'm so proud of you guys. You will do great at school! I think you will do well too because you have a set purpose and goal in mind. You guys are simply AMAZING!

That is a sweet letter. I'm sure she is never too far from you.

3+Love~aki=Us said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
3+Love~aki=Us said...

what a perfect letter. i wish you success! don't you find it SO interesting that we both are doing the same thing..? wow.

i simply love you.

♥Caroline

Kayla said...

What a sweet and touching letter to your angel. I am sure she is so proud to be your daughter and to see you grow and be happy. She would want you to do things for you and to make the world better through those things. You are an amazing woman, an amazing mother, and an amazing friend. Yes, even though we have never met, I consider you my friend. I will also be praying for you that school is all you want it to be and that you get everything out of it that you want. Good luck!

Molly said...

Good luck on your new adventure! I'm sure Mercydez is very proud of you both!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Beautiful, simply beautiful. I wish you all the very best--I know you will succeed in all that you do. I am very proud of you--I know Mercydez is, too. I miss your face, and love you much.
Christy

Bill & Jen said...

*tears* That is such a Sweet Beautiful Letter to your sweet beautiful Angel. I'll never forget meeting her and feeling of her sweet spirit! Good Luck with your journey through school. I know, as well as everyone else, that she is proud of you and that she's there and definetaly checks in on you... no need to ask :)
p.s. I'm a UTAHN again!
Also, I see that your friends Caroline and Emil are in my ward...and we live in the same Townhomes they live in. :)

Makenzie said...

This is so sweet!
I'm on the verge of crying.
You & Nic are such great people/parents.
Good Luck with all you do.

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

What a beautiful letter to your beautiful girl. Good luck to both of you in school!