Friday, August 7, 2009

Thoughts from Deep Down

Perhaps my last post was a little.... hmmm, some might say "ignorant" or "bold". Let me clarify.

I've had a lot on my mind lately. And, to try to put into words what I FEEL is never a true success. It's very difficult to articulate my feelings.

So, for the sake of clarification, I wanted to add a little bit.

I'm tired of the current culture leaning toward the idea that giving less than 100% in EVERYTHING is okay. I have had enough of it. I'm so tired of the commitments, and then to have things fall short... not because it was unavoidable, but because of laziness.

I'm tired of this attitude when it comes to working people... especially those who are employed, BY CHOICE, in the life-and-death scenarios. I get that we all have bad days... but CONSISTENTLY having bad days is a very stupid excuse for laziness.

Nic and I saw it too often while Mercydez was in the hospital. Doctors, nurses, therapists, WHOEVER, there simply for the paycheck. I know, I know. Bills have to be paid. BUT, if you are there simply for a paycheck, DO YOU HAVE TO GO INTO A FIELD WHERE CARE AND COMPASSION ARE REQUIRED??? Please don't. Just spare those who are enduring indescribable hardship. Choose a career that deals with computers, food, anything. Just, don't put our children, our spouses, our FAMILIES at risk because you want to be rich. SPARE ME.

This is why I want to be a nurse. Because I've experienced good nurses and I've definitely experienced BAD nurses. Nurses who had "great levels of education", who quite frankly, are dumber than a box of rocks. I am determined to be the best, because I KNOW what it means, first hand. I'm grateful to Emilee, Josette, Moira, Jennifer, Deidra... and many more. I'm grateful they CHOOSE to give more than 100%. I want to be like them.

Now, on to my other "bold" statements... Should a Mother have an education? I think if it's possible, then yes. Of course! But, let me tell you, I stand firm for Mothers. I stand FOR them. It seems like Motherhood and being a GOOD WIFE are mocked. Let me tell you something... I worked for over 8 years with a company full of many great people. I've been there, done that. I've been working on my education. No, I'm not a graduate, but I'm trying.

But, through all these "successes", I have never felt more successful, or more happy, then when I have been a mother. I have never been happier. Nic is my forever Love and I'm so grateful for him. He has given me all of my dreams. He has stood by me, he has lifted me, he has held me up when I haven't been strong enough to stand on my own. He is my hero and I love him with ALL of my heart. I have never been happier then when he and I, together, stood by our angel girl. Our teamwork of husband and wife, daddy and mommy, have brought me more joy then a bunch of classes and a certificate of "achievement" ever could. This is my vision. This is who I love being.

Loosing my little girl has been so emotional, so difficult for me. I know I'm a forever Mommy. I know families are eternal. But, I signed up to be a mommy NOW, here on this earth. I signed up to raise a beautiful daughter. This is who I want to be. I'm excited to go to school, but my heart aches to be a mommy.

And I'm not saying that my idea of "success" should be the same for everyone. I'm just saying, this is who I am. And I'm so grateful.

I am so in love with my husband. Nic is "number one in my parade". I look forward to the day when our little family will grow. I look forward to the day when I will, again, be a mommy on this earth. I look forward to the day when strangers around me will look at me and know I'm a mommy. I just miss my girl. I miss Nic and I sitting on the couch, reading a book to Mercydez, doing sign language to communicate with her, kissing her neck and cheeks.

I am grateful I am a wife and mother. To me, there is no greater success.

7 comments:

Andy's Mommy said...

Your blog is beautiful do you know that? Your thoughts and writings give me chills when I read them, truthfully. You are in my prayers, you are an amazing mother and it is my sincere wish that you will again be a mother in this life, on earth, because I absolutely believe that one very lucky child would be thrilled to be a part of your family. I think of Mercydez and your family often. You and her are heros to me. I find strength in the courage and faith of heart moms like you. I'd love to know you better!

another heart mommy,
Amber Tingey

Andy's Mommy said...

p.s. "bold" or "ignorant"?? I would NEVER have though that. I'd say you hit the nail on the head in the way I see things. Motherhood is a gift, and you are one of those wise woman who see it that way. You'll make an AMAZING nurse, the kind I can only pray we get when Andy needs one.

3+Love~aki=Us said...

Thank you for putting it SOO well. you write with such confidence and I always feel your words. You are TURTHFULL and sometimes that means you "speak with much boldness..". I always appriciate what you have to say and how you feel. It's even better that I agree and feel like I'm on the same page with you..in the best way I know how.
♥ ♥ ♥

Leslie Garbanati said...

Thank you for saying what so many of us have thought. Your strength lifts me to get through the days that we (and I mean mother's who have lost a child) have...I am having one today...and everyday.

Ashley and Ryan said...

I read your last two post and boy I could not agree more! I worked as a CNA at utah valley hospital in mother/baby and I use to feel stupid that I would get emotional when one of my patients had a sick baby or worse lost their baby, but it is true that i only did it because I truly did care about my patients. You look around you and see that no one else really shows much emotion and so you feel as though it's not right to do so. But that didnt stop me. I cried with so many of my patients. I loved loved loved my job. And same as how you feel, left it to be mommy. I of course miss my job only cuz I LOVED what I did and I truly did LOVE my patients! (now given there are always going to be those few that you want to scream at) So I can tell you that you will LOVE the medical field! It is so fun! Now I dont know if you have already signed up and paid for classes but if you get your cna and get hired on at IHC they will help pay for your nursing school. Getting your cna is so easy! It took me 30 days start to finish the class is 2 weeks and then taking the test and getting your certification only took one month!! Go to cccna.com and look into it! I loved the teachers and it was SOOO fast and easy!

COOLWHIP said...

I feel the same way towards teachers. I have 4 kids in school right now, and have run into my fair share, that are just there because it's what they went to school to do. These are other people children that you have been intrusted with. If you don't like your job or the kids, you should find a new line of work.

Megan B ♥ said...

LOL, bold and ignorant was not at all how I would describe your post :) It was beautiful and insightful.