Mercy's 2nd birthday was last Sunday. January 3rd. I so remember that day, two years ago. I remember the excitement involved in her birth! She is our greatest blessing. We love her so so so much. I'm SO GRATEFUL we are a forever family. We're trying to do all that is required so that we can all be together again. Have I said that I love her? Well, I do.
We decided to keep the day very simple.
We went to Temple Square and listened to Music and The Spoken Word. It was meant for me. In fact... during the "spoken word" part, Lloyd Newell quoted the exact same quote on the side of my blog. It was a tender mercy from Heavenly Father. He is aware of me. He is aware of you. It was beautiful.
Then we came home. After dinner we went to the Cemetery to visit her beautiful memorial. It was wonderful to be there. It was emotional, yes. But, it was wonderful. We sang a teary, but well deserved "Happy Birthday"! I love that little girl.
Then we came home and had a yummy ice cream cake my mom got! It was soooooo good. It was so cute too!
Was it a hard day? Parts of it. But more than it being hard, it was a beautiful day. Thank you to those who sent their love. You are so special.
I'm so grateful for this special, special angel in my life. She has touched my heart. She has brought Nic and I closer together. Oh, how we love that little girl.

10 comments:
It sounds like you had a wonderful day! It's amazing that they used that quote while you were there. I know our Heavenly Father is always there with us, but it's so nice to have those things happen that reassure us of his presence in our lives. Happy Birthday sweet Mercydez!
Your daughter is just so beautiful. And so are you. I'm so glad that you had a good celebration with her. Love to you all.
Why am I crying? It was such a beautiful day and yet I sit here crying?! I love the pictures of Mercydez, they remind me of Lilly. What a precious angel. Truly amazing and strong. Love you guys with "all our hearts!"
The Gourleys
You are so inspiring. I am so glad that you had a good day with the supportive people in your life. Much Love,
Tami
Thatchers Mom
Sounds like a great day! And it sounds like you're in a good place. Good for you!
I'm glad that you had a good day and were able to celebrate that special little one's birthday. She is very blessed to have you as a mom, I'm sure she is very proud of how you are handling everything. Hope things keep going well for you!!!!
I thought of Mercy on her birthday and wondered how you were doing...sounds like it was a really good day. The cake looks delicious! Love you Ashley!
What a beautiful tribute to your little girl. Our daughter, Zoey, was 3 months old when she passed from complications of her heart defect. She, too, was diagnosed with CHARGE syndrome. Sending many prayers.
What a great way to celebrate her birthday! Through another experience similar to yours, I know too that our Father in Heaven knows what it going on with each of us and the feelings that no one else knows or understands. How are things going this semester for school? Has it gotten any better for you?
We love you guys!
Stephanie & Nathan
Happy 2nd Birthday to your sweet Mercydez! You are a beautiful forever family.
Post a Comment