Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mercy's Angel Anniversary


Mercy's Angel Day was beautiful. We invited family/friends to meet us at the cemetery that evening. We asked everyone who came to bring along a stuffed animal. These stuffed animals will be donated to the American Fork Police Department in the near future. I'm so excited because the police department takes these stuffed animals to children they come in contact with at homes with abuse, neglect, domestic violence, etc. So, hopefully these little toys will bring light and love into another child's life, much like Mercydez brought light and life into our lives.

We had a simple reading of our last blog post. And then we wrote on balloons and did a balloon release. Fifteen balloons: each a celebration of one of the months (or half-months) our little princess was with us. We also had lots and lots of bubbles for the little kids to blow and play with.

It was simple. It was beautiful. It was perfect.















PS My appologies to my fellow runners. I'm sorry I haven't posted this weeks running schedule. I have actually slacked off this week... for many different valid reasons. Here is this weeks schedule... since it's almost over... :(
Monday: 3 miles (easy)
Tuesday: 4 miles
Wednesday: Rest day
Thursday: 4 miles
Friday: Cross-training for 45 minutes
Saturday: 9 miles
Sunday: Rest day
Monday: 3 miles (easy)
Tuesday: 4 miles
Wednesday: Cross-training for 45 minutes
Thursday: 3 miles
Friday: Rest Day
Saturday: 10 miles
Sunday: Rest Day

5 comments:

Melissa said...

So amazing and comforting to have so many loving people to share the day with and remember Mercydez!! I'm glad that it seems like it was a peaceful day.

Em said...

So sweet! I love the family and love the cute stuffed animals. I know that will help so much for those sweet children in need.

Kayla said...

Such a sweet celebration of life! I'm glad it was peaceful and that so many of your friends and family were able to be there with you. And I think it's an amazing idea to donate stuffed animals in Mercy's behalf. I work for a PD and know how those animals help children. I'd like to donate some if it's not too late!

The Johnson Crew said...

It sounds like you had the perfect day for remembering an amazing angel!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, we too had a pleasant day despite the challenges leading up to that day. I am sure glad its over though! I am too running....maybe that is a release that is well needed.....I am sure we are being very cheered on when we think, we can't go on.