Monday, March 8, 2010

Half Way There... Week Six

Here is the schedule for this week (sorry I didn't post last night. I've been meaning to all day, but I haven't had a moment).

Monday: 3 miles
Tuesday: 4 miles
Wednesday: Cross training for 45 mimutes
Thursday: 4 miles
Friday: Rest day
Saturday: 8 miles
Sunday: Rest day

Mercy's angel day is a week from today. We are keeping it very simple... I'm just praying for peace. It's hard because I think back to a year ago... I knew what was coming. I thank Heavenly Father for telling me. But, oh, how I miss her. We miss her so much.

It's hard that life continues forward. It's sad that time doesn't stop to honor these children. I find myself getting caught up in the day-to-day activities and I'm finding that I'm more and more at peace. I'm not forgetting her. I feel like she is moving forward in her experiences on the other side. She is working hard over there with her family. I think she hopes and expects the same thing of me and Nic... even though it's hard.

My heart has been healing, day by day. There is this beautiful little girl named Alice who also has CHARGE syndrome. My heart has been filled with happiness as I see her pictures and come to know her adorable personality through her blog. She is absolutely beautiful. I know she isn't Mercydez... but, I see so much of Mercydez in her. It's so healing.

Well, I better get on my tredmill. My three miles are waiting for me. Thanks to all those who are doing the schedule with me. And to those who aren't and wish they could (you know who you are), I appreciate your support.

Love to you all.

3 comments:

Molly said...

I know we never met little Mercy, but she and Alice would definitely have been best buds. We miss her too!

Stephanie Ellinger said...

I know that you are really busy with your schedule of school and stuff, but if you have a free moment or two I'd like to take you out to lunch. I work in Provo and can generally make any week day or Saturday work to get away for an hour.

Just let me know!

Anonymous said...

Ashley, you are doing so great with your running--you go, girl! Keep it up! The girls and I stopped by the cemetery over the weekend...can hardly believe it's been almost a year...we love and miss Mercydez, and we love you, too!