Sunday, February 28, 2010

Yippee-Skippee!

So, I need to brag for just a second...

Nic and I went on a six mile run yesterday and it was AWESOME! I won't lie... I'm sore in my groin, but otherwise, I'm feeling GREAT! It felt good to be out in the fresh air, running through Provo's East Bay area. It was also awesome to be out with my hubs. He's a great running partner. I've personally never done a six mile run. One mile has always been my "goal". So, wow, I'm really happy that we did it. And, our time wasn't bad either (for me). We did it in one hour and fifteen minutes. Yes, I'm a slow runner... but I did it!

Here's this weeks schedule:

Monday: 3 miles, easy pace.
Tuesday: 3 miles
Wednesday: Cross Training for 45 minutes
Thursday: 3 miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 7 miles (I'm kinda dreading this)
Sunday: Rest

Okay, I gotta do my lovely homework. G'night.

5 comments:

Elisa said...

Strong work you two!! I'm so jealous that you ran 6 miles yesterday!! woo hoo!!

Megan B ♥ said...

Congrats, Ash!! I'm indubitably impressed!

3+Love~aki=Us said...

WAY TO GO!!! That's fabulous! I'm proud of you too, I'm unlucky and cannot run without lots of pain in my ankles and knees. The weather has been EXCELLENT too and I'm glad you got to enjoy it!

Em said...

That is amazing! I need to start running. Maybe I will take a little inspiration from you and start running again!

Jill Anderson said...

I'm doing your training schedule :) I've lost two little girls and there is something about running that helps me keep going. Where are you getting the schedule? I want to be able to see if I can be ready to run on my last little girl's first birthday. Will you email me back when you get a chance? Thanks,
camochad@yahoo.com