Nic and I are training to run the Provo City Half Marathon on May 1st... AND WE WANT YOU TO RUN WITH US!!!
Nic is a runner... he's a natural at it. BUT I AM NOT!!! So, join me! This is my first-ever attempt at this. And, I'm gonna do it. I AM gonna do it. With or without fellow runners, I'm going to do it.
Training starts today. Run two miles today. It's supposed to be a comfortable pace. Don't worry about the time, just run it. I just finished my run and it felt GREAT!!!!! I'm serious!!
Tomorrow's run is another two miles. Push yourself a bit. We'll do it together.
And, if it's hard for you to make yourself excited for this training, find someone to do it for... someone who would do it, but can't.
I'm dedicating my training and the half-marathon run to my little princess. My girl. My Mercydez.
I've learned something about myself... I'm much more inclined to do something if I focus my emotions on it. Take your happiness, your anger, your joy, your sorrow and FOCUS it on this. There's nothing wrong with being emotional! Make your emotions work FOR you, not AGAINST you. I'm an emotional person. Last year we built and planted a garden in honor of my princess. This year, along with keeping up on the garden, I'm doing this training and running the half-marathon. I'm hoping, if I can, to run more half-marathons. We'll see. One step at a time.
Leave a comment on my blog if you're in. There's no pressure at all. It's all in good fun and in honor of those we love, living or in heaven. Who are you dedicating your efforts to?
Guys' Trip
5 years ago

6 comments:
Good luck! You guys will do great!
Count me in! I'll do all I can to train and run with you. I think it's an inspiring idea. :)
Love you!
Way to go!! I just can't get myself to run for fun LOL I do it so when I run up the stairs I am not panting :0) GOOD LUCK!!! It's awesome if you can do it!!
Goodness. I told my husband this morning that I was gonna find some marathon to run, cuz I like running. :) (weird I know)....and because I am sooo out of shape.
Now I have a Much better reason!! :)
I started this morning! Hooray! :)
Happy RUnning!!
So i'll train with you, I have treadmill access now and as we get closer I'll see how many miles I've got in me and if I'm close, count me in. I'm going to walk fast for now since i'm just starting :). but you better check in with me cause I'm a slacker at running! I'll start tonight.
Oh and it's for my baby boy, I want to be able to keep up with him and be healthy. Caitlin is in too!
Post a Comment