Friday, April 30, 2010

Farewell Superman

My brother, Kody (whom we call Superman), has moved to Kentucky. He and I have grown closer together the last while. I already miss him. But, I'm happy he's out, having an adventure.

Adrienne and I took him out to breakfast on Wednesday morning before he left. We went to Mimi's Cafe (one of my favorite breakfast places). It was nice. We were procrastinating his departure. Kody's buddy, Garrick, came along. He's a really awesome kid. He leaves next month for his mission to Bulgaria.

My dad ended up driving out with Kody, last minute (very, VERY last minute. It was decided about 20 minutes before Superman left). I'm glad he went with him. I have been struggling with anxiety for about a year now. Having my dad go with Kody has put me at peace. My dad flies home tonight.


Well, Kody, we love you. Be safe and bring me back a killer Kentucky-Derby hat. I've always dreamed of one of those!

PS Superman never looked so good in a purple shirt. I LOVE it.

No comments: