Spring is here and it's freezing. Easter morning was loaded with SNOW. That's okay though because we stayed in. It was General Conference. I slept a lot... but what I was able to hear was wonderful.
Elder Holland gave an awesome talk on LOVE. TRUE love. NOT lust. It seems as though this world is run by lust. People have forgotten what LOVE really is. It's sad. But, no worries. Elder Holland set the record (and the world) straight. Listen to it. It's good.
Sister Beck gave a great talk on Good Women. I love Sister Beck. She stands for WOMANHOOD. She stands for MOTHERHOOD. She doesn't succumb to the pressures of the world to follow the (ridiculous, eh hem) feminist ideals. Whenever she speaks, she speaks to my soul. I feel at peace with my calling to be a WOMAN, a MOTHER, and a WIFE. She is inspiring.
School is busy. Nic is pushing along. Wow. He's one strong man. I'm doing not even half of what he's doing and I'm wasted. Running is going great for both of us. Nic has decided to train for a FULL marathon (yuck). He's pushing himself, big time. Good job Love! I'm just training for whatever. I've decided that I'm not ready for a half-marathon yet. I can do a 5K to start out and then work my way up. No sense in diving in head first... especially if I know I'm not going to make it. So, my realistic side is coming out. I'm going to keep running, but not for a half-marathon... yet.
And, by the way, I'm baby hungry. Anytime I see a little baby (especially a little girl), I just about FREAK out. I miss my girl and I know she has siblings. No, this is not an announcement. I'm just saying that I love babies. They are the purest, most beautiful creatures in this world. And, I'm grateful for my eternal calling, that of being a wife and mother. I hold nothing higher than that. That is my joy, that is my truth.
Guys' Trip
5 years ago

3 comments:
I know a baby that would love to help you out with that baby craving thing...
I LOVED both of those talks, and actually all the other talks too. I don't know if it's because I was paying better attention than usual, but I thought each talk was exceptional.
You are so amazing! I can not wait to hear that Mercydez is going to be a big sister. It is hard to have another baby after having such perfection. That may sound weird, but after Lilly, we got pregnant with Ryker about 3 months after she had passed, and I kept thinking, "but she was just so perfect, will I love another child as much as I loved her?" We of course did, but he too was so perfect, too perfect for this world. Collin is not perfect. He is cute, but is a funny little stinker. I tell people we are not shooting for perfection with this one, just hoping for a little one that needs some work.
Post a Comment