The last several days have been extremely rough. So much has happened in such a short amount of time and yet it feels like it's been an eternity.
Our little Mercydez has really been struggling. We gathered our immediate families and our friends and we spent some time with Mercydez. We have had many sacred experiences.
Mercydez is still with us. She truly is a miracle. I won't go into detail, but, looking at things from a "logical" stand, she should have returned to Heavenly Father a while ago. But, she is stubborn. :) She is a fighter. She has had to be a fighter. And we will keep her for as long as we can. She is absolutely amazing. She is still extremely weak and we don't know really what to expect. We have decided to simply allow her to make her own decisions, along side Heavenly Father.
I can't tell you the peace we have felt. With that being said... I have not always maintained a "peaceful" disposition. Both Nic and I have suffered along side our princess. There is nothing worse than knowing you truly can't do anything to relieve what your child is going through. The only thing we have been able to do is hold her, love her, talk and sing to her. We have tried to provide as many comfort measures as possible, but even then, we feel like it's not enough.
There have been several moments when the veil has been extremely thin and it seemed as though it was unquestioningly her time to be welcomed to Heaven. She is constantly hovering between Heaven and Earth. However, Mercydez has held on and pulled through thus far. She is regaining her strength. She is able to express herself a little more.
We are so, so, so, so, so grateful for the time we have had with her. We are grateful for today and the time we get to spend with her. We don't know what tomorrow, or even tonight, will bring. We don't know if she will pull through this or if she will choose otherwise. We truly don't know what path she will take. But, we know without a doubt that a loving Father in Heaven is involved.
Guys' Trip
5 years ago

13 comments:
I was just thinking about you yesterday, wondering how things were. Now I know why. I hope all will continue to go well and the Lord's will can be accepted easily however it takes course. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you for taking the time to update your blog for of our selfish sakes. Our prayers are with you guys. I can't imagine what are hard time this is for you, I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling peace in between the trials. I know the Lord will watch over you and take care of your baby girl no matter what happens!
Sending prayers to your family, especially your sweet Mercydez.
You've brought me back in time a bit.. What courage it must have taken to even write an update! You, Nic, and Mercyedez amaze me. I'm grateful you are able to take each second as it comes..that really takes HUGE amounts of Faith. I love you
Your faith has surely moved mountains...Mercydez is so sweet. We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers... Thank you for sharing a minute with us!
I also wanted to say that Mercydez is a miracle... I know that you feel like every moment that you have with her is precious and special... So I wanted to say thank you and I wanted to tell how greatful for the example of "Mercydez miracle Moments" moments in my life when I have thought of her and realized the joy that she is and what a gift she has been. Being a heart mom helped me to realize this a little but Mercydez has really hit it home. I will treasure more moments of solitude and peace, always enjoy my sweet children and husband and have more patients and tolerance for everyone... Thank you Mercydez for these Miracle Moments.
Thank you for sharing how things are going with us. I am glad you are having those "sweet" moments with your little princess. We are praying for you.
Hugs & Prayers,
Christina
Thanks for taking time to share with us. We're thinking and praying for you and your sweet Mercy.
I love you guys.
Aunt Addy
My heart is aching for you guys. Know that your family is continually in our prayers...She is such a sweet little thing and I can never thank you enough for sharing this journey!!!
I just wish I could visit with her and tell her what a sweet little thing I think she is and how much she's had an impact on my life and what strong, valiant parents she has....I wish I was there to give her big hugs and kisses ..........so be sure to give them to her from me!!
I just want to say thank you so much for sharing your sweet little Mercydez with us through your blog. I just found your blog a few weeks ago. I have really enjoyed going through it and shedding a few tears, and laughing at times seeing all that your little princess has got to experience thus far. You and Nic are amazing parents! You inspire me to want to be a better mother and not take the little things for granted. I hope you know that you guys are in my prayers and thoughts.
Dustin and Jenn
Corbin and his family send you hugs and lots of love Mercydez. You have been such an awesome friend and we are so bless to have such a beautiful angel like you and your family come into our lives. We love you guys and our hearts are breaking because you have to go through this.
Much love and prayers,
The Kirkhams
LOTS of prayers from Arizona for you family and sweet Mercydez. She is such a little miracle and gift!! I don't know what it feels like to feel the veil so near, I'm sure it's an overwhelming spiritual experience. WHen you write, I can feel your love for Mercy... what a lucky girl to have such amazing parents caring for her.
Heart Hugs...
Andrea
Post a Comment