Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My "Other" Dad...


Nic's dad, Drew, celebrated his birthday on the 24th of November. Can I just say that I have the CUTEST Father-in-Law?! Seriously! Here are some things I absolutely LOVE about Dad... ONE: He has the cutest laugh! The best is when he REALLY gets going! It's so awesome! He can barely breathe! So, here's this cute man with a HUGE smile on his bright red face! It's so contagious! He makes me laugh! TWO: He is a reader, through and through. Drew always has a book in his hands, and most of the time it's gospel related. He is so knowledgeable. I love talking with him. THREE: He is so willing to offer service. He is more than happy to drive Mercydez and I to the doctor (someone has to sit in the back with Mercydez incase she needs some help from her best friend, the suction). He is happy to help us move, happy to hold and love Mercydez, happy to GIVE the shirt off his back. Nic grew up with a great example. FOUR: Drew plays the harmonica, and he plays it beautifully. I've been told he is a self-taught expert. He plays by ear and he does it so well. One of my most favorite things is when he sits down and just plays away. I love to just sit and listen. It's one of those moments that you hold in your heart for forever. FIVE: Drew loves to play guessing games... but not the "I spy" type. He loves you to GUESS the song he's JUST ABOUT to sing. He is so funny! One time he told us he'd give a dollar to anyone who could guess the song he was just about to perform for us. Seriously, he is so cute! SIX: Drew has this awesome golf cart he rides around the Haws' HUGE backyard. He puts a trailor on it and he gives rides to the grandkids. I love it. It's fun to see who is sitting in the seat next to Drew each time he's out and about. That passenger seat never seems to be empty. Drew is good company. SEVEN: He saves EVERYTHING. Litterally. If you need it, he has it. And if it's not in the house, it's probably in the shed. And if it's not in shed number one, look in shed number two. If it's not in shed number two, look in shed number three.... you get the idea. EIGHT: He hates the doctor. He hates the dentist. Even when his kids BEG him, he won't give in. Okay, maybe if it's painful enough, he will. NINE: Drew loves babies. He loves to hold them and love them. I remember a while back I was asking him his favorite age group. He told me he loves them all, but he starts to question his love when they start walking! Ha! NINE: Drew loves to talk and share his newly-found knowledge from his latest book. Often time when the family is together he will ask if he can share something. Everyone knows whats about to come! TEN: He is a righteous man who is determined to make it back to his Heavenly Father. Drew is a wonderful father, grandfather, husband to Millie, brother to his two beautiful sisters, and an all around one-in-a-million type guy! Happy (late) birthday!

No comments: