I'm ticked that I didn't think to hold my camera the RIGHT way when I recorded Nic coming in the finish line. Urg. Ahwell, just cock your head to the side. You'll get the same affect. See post below for some sweet pic's of our big race!
********* FUNNY STORY **********
So, Nic came through the finish line and I (of course) greeted him! He was so frozen he seriously couldn't talk at all! Ha! But, that's not the funny part. I asked him how his race went and he said, "Great! I did my best and I ran the whole way!" It sounded a bit more like, "Gray. I di ma bes an ran da who wa." So, he then goes on to tell me that his finish time would have been better BUT half way through the race his BOWELS kicked in and he had to "crap like you wouldn't believe" (cra lie yoo woh-nt beleevv). So, he tried to keep going and he "squeezed his cheeks like he's never squeezed before. HARD!" He said a prayer that he would find somewhere appropriate to "let it go" or else he was gonna let it go in his (very nice) running shorts (which, according to Ash, happens all the time. I wonder how she knows this??? ;)) So, he's running the Provo-River trail and, wa-lah! There was a park bathroom facility. Nic "ran in and made sure it was empty of occupiers. If anyone had been in there [he] would have kicked them out. [He] pulled down the shorts and pushed harder than ever before. And, it was like Niagara Falls!"

Not only is that HILARIOUS but, you should have heard him tell me! His mouth and tongue were so frozen he couldn't enunciate AND he couldn't smile or laugh with me! So funny!
So, note to self, go potty (and PUSH) before you run a half-marathon. I think he's learned his lesson.
PS Besides this whole experience, the only other "bad" experience was that his nipples HURT. I told him that he can now have some sympathy for us women when we breastfeed or pump. TMI? Maybe, yeah.

7 comments:
OHMIGOD! I'm STILL laughing! I can hardly type! What a great story!
I saw him run past my house! It was cold.
I don't run, but Merlin does-so I know, to prevent sore nipples (and other places) he needs to use Body Glide.
Way to go Nic!
I hate to tell you, but it takes a few years to figure out how to train your bowels for a race....it takes Cream of Wheat for breakfast at least 45 minutes before I race...and then I run through the finish and straight to the bathroom! Great Job Guys!
I was told to take Immodium right before a race. ?? But I would never run a race like that so I don't have to worry about it! Ha! Way to go Nic!
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! So FREAKING funny! I've read and re-read this so many times. While I hurt for him, I can't help but laugh my head off!
Oh...only Nic.
Niagra falls, huh?! Ew.
hey, hope you dont mind if i blog stalk ya,but this was hilarious!!! :) congrats on finishing!!!
Ok, not only was this hilarious, but very informative as well. You better believe I will be filing this information away for my first half-marathon....
Post a Comment