(Friday, July 4th: Aunt Auriel, Mercy, and Ahma)
(Saturday, July 5th: Mercydez and Mommy are kinda tired. Cute bow though!)
(Friday, July 4th: Ah, what a sweet, patriotic li'l angel!)
Oh my goodness! What an amazing weekend we've had! It has been a fun, and MUCH needed weekend! Thanks to my ever-giving and self-sacrificing mom, Mercydez and I were able to get out! For many reasons, taking Mercydez places is NOT a one-man job. We litterally have six or seven "diaper bags" we have to take with us. Not to mention, I need support when people give weird looks like, "what are you doing to that poor child?" or "why do you have so many bags with you for JUST one baby?" Ha! Little do they know! No, the looks are more comical than anything, but still, sometimes it's hard.
Anyway, We got to go to the parade and let little Mercy enjoy the sun (okay, so we actually hid in what little shade there was), she got to enjoy mommy constantly putting cold, wet hands on her beautiful red hair to keep her from overheating, and she got to be with family and friends! Who could ask for more? Afterwards, all the Gourley's and Haws' got together for a fabulous BBQ in the Haws' huge backyard! We enjoyed playing WAY too many games of sand volleyball and we also enjoyed standing (well, Uncle Kade sat) in the freezing kiddie pool! It was great relief from the extremely hot weather! We enjoyed food, games, and family! We had Mercydez outside for a good portion of the day, so when it came time for fireworks, we opted to stay inside to let her relax. Over-all though, it was a fabulous day! Saturday was great too because my mom and sister, Auriel, came and got us and we went to the Freedom Festival booths! We had lunch outside... in the shade, of course! Those empanadas were delicious! And then back home we came!
(Friday, July 4th: Ahma and Mercy, enjoying each other!)
(Friday, July 4th: Ahma, laughing and protecting Mercydez from the sun. Mommy protecting the oxygen.)
Mercydez tolerated everything this weekend so great! I was worried that it would be a little too much stimulation for her to deal with, but I think, in many ways, she needed to be out. Needed to experience normalcy. I am so greatful for my mom and her willingness to be there to help.
The one down side to the weekend is that my (truly perfect) husband had to work. Home Health doesn't know the meaning of holidays. So, he didn't get to join in on the parade (which, I'm sure he was totally bummed about... wink, wink) and he missed walking through the booths (another huge downer for him... yeah, right). But, he was there for everything else! He is such a great guy! I am blessed with the best!

8 comments:
I am so glad you guys got to get out and enjoy the festivities. It sounds like you had lots of fun. Love Mercydez BIG bow. Cute!
We are so glad you guys were able to get out and enjoy the 4th of July holiday. We think of Mercydez all the time...we've thought about coming to see you guys...let us know.
Hugs,
Mike & Family
Awesome that you guys were able to get all the events. Its so fun to be wtih all your fam on the 4th!
She is such a doll! She really reminds me a lot of our Lilly! So precious! Glad that you got to let her enjoy her first 4th of July!
Hugs,
The other Gourleys!
WOW, it looks like it was an awesome 4th of July Celebration. I am so glad you were out and about. How wonderful you are able to build such wonderful memories that you can treasure.
I stayed in an enjoyed the nice air conditioning. HeHee!!!
Well, I take that back we did have to set up the inflatable waterslide for the kids and it was HOT while we were out with them.
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn
I think it's great that you are giving her normal baby experiences. It's so important to do that. After staying home with Rhett for a good part of his 2 1/2 years I have decided it was enough, he needs to experience life as close to a typical two year old as he can.
(Except during the winter months!! Not ready to go there quite yet.)
I know it's hard, and for me it's not a one person job either, but I have my older boys to help out too.
-And those looks? We STILL get them everywhere we go, as well as the "Mommy, why does that baby's face look funny" -Nothing like totally reminding me that my kid is different. I still haven't gotten used to it. It hurts, but only because I love him so much and I want everyone on the planet to know how sweet and special he is.
I think Mercydez looks so stinkin cute with her big bow, Chloee is 6 and I still put huge bows in her hair. (picts on my blog to prove that I am a nut about it!!) ;)
Anyways, I have been thinking of you alot. I love the pictures, I could look at that sweet face all day long!!
((HUGS))
Pam and Rhett
I love my little angel. And ahma and you and auriel look gorgeous too!
I miss you guys!
Love,
Uncle Trav and Aunt Addy
I am so glad you two were able to get out and have some fun! She looks so sweet - and I'm definitely a fan of big bows! P.S. Your hair is cute! I wish I could be so brave!
Post a Comment