
Our sweet, beautiful and perfect Mercydez passed away in the sacred early morning hours on Sunday, March 15th, 2009 due to complications of Complex Congenital Heart Disease.
Mercydez brought a great deal of joy and light when she entered the world on January 3rd, 2008. She blessed her parents, Nic and Ashley Haws, each and every day. She fought and endured a great deal. Mercydez, our Mercy, is a true testimony that our Father in Heaven loves us and grants miracles every day.
Mercydez, our sweet, silly little girl, we love you with all our hearts! We will miss your beautiful personality! We will miss the precious time we had with you! We desperately miss you! We can’t wait to be with you again! Thank you for enduring so much! Thank you for touching and changing the lives of so many!
Funeral services will be Wednesday, March 18th, 2009 at 11:00am at the Sundberg-Olpin Chapel located at 495 South State Street in Orem, Utah. There will be a viewing Tuesday evening from 6:00-8:00pm at the same location and from 9:45-10:45am prior to services. Interment: Provo City Cemetery Angel’s Garden. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the account under Nicholaus & Ashley Haws at any Zions Bank.
Oh, our little Snuggle Bug! How we love you! We can’t wait to hold you in our arms again!
Mercy's Obituary will be run in The Daily Herald and also in The Deseret News tomorrow, Tuesday March 17th, 2009.

39 comments:
What a beautiful obituary. I am so glad that you put in that her life is a testament to our Savior. Every time I laid eyes on Mercy, the light of the Savior radiated throughout her. Her life showed that God knows us each individually and loves us for who we are and our potential. Her life is also a tribute to you and Nic, as you could always see she knew she was loved by her parents. Mercy will be miss greatly.
Beautiful. We love you guys!
Thank you for sharing Mercydez with all of us. I have been so touched by your testimony of eternal families and of the Savior. And I have been touched by Mercy's amazing spirit and strength in her short life. I pray that when you feel like your heart is being ripped apart, that you will be able to feel encircled in the arms of His love.
Even with such strong faith I know it must be a heart-wrenching time for your. our prayers will be with you. What a sweet baby girl, and what sweet memories you will always treasure of her.
That is beautiful! Thank you for sharing and for taking the time to update your blog. That is so selfless of you to do that.
I wish I could be there on Wednesday, but I can't. My heart will be there.
We love you!
Dear Haws,
I know the Bishop wrote you gusy, but I have to personally thank you for sharing this experience with all your blog readers. You're amazing faith, attitude and perspective on trials gives me and so many others courage to face our trials. You are a valiant, courageous couple! We miss you. Love, Sister Chappell
This is so beautiful & sweet. You are such amazing parents & have such a amzing child! My thought and prayers are with you at this time.
I'm so sorry for your loss and this is just another reminder of how wonderful the blessings of families being eternal is. Your family will be in our prayers!
I don't know if you remember me-Amy Lindsay gave you my email-my daughter was just born with hypoplastic left heart. You are both so strong and such a wonderful inspiration. She sounds like she is a very special little girl and Heavenly Father trusted you so much to bless you with her sweet spirit. Isn't it wonderful that we know the gospel and that we get to be with our families forever? Thank you for allowing me to view your blog and read about your wonderful little girl
Oh Ashley. My heart aches for you, I am so sorry. I give you my condolences, and pray that Heavenly Father comforts you and Nic, and your family.
Dear ones,
You did a lovely job on Mercydez's Obituary. I'm glad she'll be at the Provo City Cemetary so I can visit her when I visit Elaine. Se will be greatly missed.
We're so sorry to hear of her passing, and we will pray for you everyday. But thank you SO MUCH for your faith and for sharing her with all of us. Mercy taught us so much through her incredible spirit in her life, and you are both amazing people to be blessed with such a choice daughter. God bless you, and we love you!! God bless Mercy!!
Love it. What a precious tribute to Mercy. We are praying for you and Nic. You are incredibly strong... but it hurts. I'm sure it aches. We're thinking of you and wish we were closer than Phoenix. I'd be there to help out with anything!!
I was so sorry to hear that Mercydez has returned to live with her Heavenly Father. I'm sure that your arms and hearts are aching and I wish there were something I could say to make to help you feel better. We are praying for you! What a beautiful mission your angel served while here and what an amazing example of loving parents you have been. I have been following your blog and been amazed at the strength and faith you have shown since Mercy came into your life. May you continue to feel her spirit in the coming days and feel peace.
Heart Hugs,
Michele
Nic and Ashley,
We are so sorry for your loss - I don't even know what else to say - that seems so insignificant. You guys have been such a great example of strength, courage and faith over the last year.
Please know that you are in our thougts.
Derek and Mindy Kohler
Nic and Ashley,
Please know I am praying and thinking of you at this difficult time. I am so sorry and words just can't explain how I feel, I wish I could take the hurt and pain away. Praying for you.
Chrissie
What a beautiful tribute to such an amazing little girl. I feel forever blessed to know you and for having to the chance to love her from afar.
(Hugs)
What a beautiful tribute of words. I feel privileged and incredibly blessed to know you and be a small part of yours and Mercydez's life. Love you..
Hi you don't know me. My name is Sarah Ross and I live in IA. My sister is Olivia Jarrett. She called me this morning and talked to me about you. She so dearly wants to help in some way. I am sorry if this seems wierd but I wanted to see your beautiful girl. You see, Oct 3rd 2008 I lost my beautiful Ezra. Ezra fought a strong battle for 3 months. He is a beautiful strong boy with an amazing spirit. He was diagnosed with Neonatal Hemachromatosis. Anyways, I just wanted to see your beautiful girl. I read through your posts and of course I was in tears but I was also in aw. What a strong amazing woman you are. Your faith and testimony are unbelievably strong. I just want you to know that it was a strength for me to read through your posts. I am still...and always will be grieving but for my Ezra but to read through your posts today has given me that little bit of strength that I needed to get through today.
I am sorry if this is too much for you or wierd..I just needed to say this. God Bless you and your family.
Love,
Sarah
I went to high school with Nic and read your blog sometimes. I am so sorry to hear of your sweet Mercydez. Your faith is a great example to me wow you are truly and amazing family! What a beautiful daughter she has even touched loves of people that she doesn't know.. She's touched ours. You will be in our prayers!
Jaime (Jolley) Stephens
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. How blessed you were to have such an angel in your lives.
Jeff and Christa Twitchell
What a beautiful obituary. I wanted to get over to the viewing tonight, but Alice just got out of the hospital and I want to give her a few days before I take her anywhere. I hope everything went well tonight and goes well at the funeral tomorrow. You're in our prayers.
Beautiful written obituary. I don't know what to say but wanted to say something. I haven't looked at your blog for some time. Today I opened the paper and saw Mercy's picture and my heart just sank. It stood out like I knew her, but I only know her from your blog. I've admired your strength in all of your posts. You write beautifuly and are an example to many. I am praying for you and your family.
So sorry to hear that your sweet Mercydez passed away. She truly was a fighter while here on Earth, and her spirit will live on in all who knew and loved her. May your memories and faith comfort you. Prayers and hugs to you.
What a beautiful obituary. I wish we could be there to support you during this difficult time.
We are so sorry to hear that your angel baby has passed. Our hearts hurt for you. We were honored to know you and Mercy. You had such a calming influence on us whal we were in the NICU. We wish we could have been there for her services. Mercy is such a valiant spirit and we will always cherish our memories of her.May god bless you with the comfort that you have brought to so many others.
Richard, Tammy,& Katie (+Brothers&sister) Edwards
I am so sorry to hear about Mercy. I just heard today and I wish I could have been there to honor her. I ache for you but I am happy for her. She is free from this mortal experience and the trials it brings and is now in the loving arms of her heavenly parents, reaping the eternal rewards. My thought and prayers will be with you and your family. brian
I read this obituary with tears in my eyes for a little beautiful girl I have never met. I pray that your family can have the peace and comfort from Heavenly Father that you so deserve at this time. What an honor to be Mercy's parents and to have had her for that short time. I have a testimony of eternal families and know you will be with your sweet baby girl again! You have lots of love and prayers from so many people that were touched by the life of your sweet daughter!
What a beautiful little girl and blessing to all that knew her. She drew me closer to God in many ways even from being states apart. We were thinking of your family yesterday. All our love and prayers during this difficult time.
We were so excited to stumble across your blog a few weeks ago, and read about your precious little angel. We heard the news last night, and have sad hearts for your little princess. Isn't an eternal family such a marvelous thing! What a joy to know that you will see your angel again, and also feel comfort in knowing that she's watching over you. Our sympathies, Scott, Fia, and Treden Eyre
Dear Ashley,
My name is Christina. I came across your blog thru Holli and Elaina's but as i realized in reading through your blog you are the same mommy that moira has told us so much about at school. I work in the class that she comes to in the afternoon. I agree with your words she is an amazing nurse. Why i am writing is to express my deapest sympathy to you right now in your time of loss. Your faith in the lord is inspirational. Your gift with words is also amazing.To be going what you are going thru and still be able to speak so eliquently just makes me humble.I know that you dont you dont know me but if you ever need anything or just need and ear please email me or let Moira know she can get ahold of me. Your daughter is very beautiful and i wish that i came to know of you under different sercomstances. You are in my prayers. With deapest sympathy christina...
We just wanted you guys to know that Mercydez's funeral was BEAUTIFUL and the spirit was so strong. We are thinking about you and just want you to know that there are still many prayers for you and to hang in there. We really need to go to dinner sometime!
Heart hugs,
Emily and Mike
Ashley,
I am so deeply sorry for your loss. How great that we know you will be with this sweet angel again. Know that love is all around you and that the Lord is there to hold you close. I love you as do so many others.
Love,
Ashley Sanders Garlock
I hope it's ok that I stumbled on your blog. I'm sorry for your loss. What an amazing and beautiful daughter you have. You are in my heart and prayers at this time. Thank you, though, for sharing your thoughts and feelings so openly. You are a strength to me.
I remember when AFJH Choirs did the Benefit Concert for little Mercy. I was one of those singers, who was looking forword to finally having a solo and all that. But the night of the concert, I actually realized why we were doing this. Even though I never officially met Mercydez, I knew that she was special. On Saturday, I grabbed the program for the Benefits concert and was thinking about Mercy and wondering how she was doing. I was thinking about how she changed my life in a little way, that made a big difference. Then on Monday at school, Mr. Thornton told us the news. We all were crying and wondered why. We watched the slide show once again and had the music "You Raise Me Up" in the background. And let me say, I was bawling. Thank you so much for changing my life by that one little thing. I am so sorry and hope you the best!
This is the first time I have seen your blog. I am so sorry to hear of your sweet baby's passing. We are now part of the same 'club'. I hope you are able to cope with the days ahead. My prayers are with you.
Michele
Gracie's mom
Nic & Ashley,
I am so sorry for your loss :(
She is a beautiful little girl!
my prayers are with you..
Post a Comment