La-da-da-da-da-da! La-da-da-da-da-da-da! La-da-da-da-da-da! La-da-da-da-da-da-da!
Nic suprised me with tickets to Jack Johnson!!! Wahoo!!! It was so much fun to get out and just chill! It was Travis' birthday so he and Adrienne came along and also Kacey and Crystal. It was such a blast! We were laughing like crazy, having a great time. The company made a great concert an incredible concert! So much happened that night that to write everything in would require me to sit here at the computer for hours on end. So, rather than type the day away, here is the TOP TEN great moments during the Jack Johnson concert:
Monday, 18 August: Crystal and Kacey. Yo.
Monday, 18 August: Travis and Adrienne. Happy birthday Trav! Addy, you are such a good wife to Trav!
10. Waited in a FOREVER long line for nachos and a burrito (Nic and I were STARVING) only to find out AFTER they made the food and it was right infront of me that they only accept cash. Lame. So, I had to go wait in another FOREVER long line for the ATM. Got back to my nachos and burrito, paid for it and headed back. My nachos were incredibly soggy. Nics beef burrito looked like it was made out of soggy dog food (in my opinion it tasted like it was made of soggy dog food, but he begs to differ. I think he was just really hungry).
9. I spilled my one and only drink (which was TINY and cost me $3.50) about five different times. I think I got ONE good swallow from it. Urg.
8. Watching Kacey, Travis and Nic spoon was fabulous! Who could expect anything else at a Jack Johnson concert?!? Oh, the best part of this (BY FAR) was the looks we got. Ah, ignorance is bliss sometimes.
Monday, 18 August: Kacey and Nic making a Travis sandwich! Yeeeeoooowwwww!
7. Sitting next to two men who used the "f-bomb" litterally every other word. Litterally. I've learned that bad language definitely does not make you cool. It makes you sound uneducated. However, I failed to inform them of this.
6. I wore a bright yellow shirt that has "New York City" written on it. A guy in the ATM line informed me that I looked like I worked at the event. I said, "no, my shirt says 'New York City'". To which he said, "I thought you worked here and you were going to pull out a stick and beat me." To which I said, "No, no. But I'll tazer you." He immediately left my side.
5. Back at home, Mercy's G-tube came out TWICE! My poor mother-in-law was watching Mercy and didn't know what to do. She was somewhat panicked when she called. Luckily, my brother, Kade was there and put it back in. GO KADE! Also, my brother-in-law, Kirt, is a nurse and he came over and made sure everything was okay... both times. Thanks so much Kirt!
4. Jack Johnson is fabulous... but his concerts aren't the type where you go and he interacts with the crowd. The most he said was, "It's good to be back in Salt Lake City." It was fun though! It was a mellow concert and we either laid down on our blankets, or we were dancing.
3. A guy in the band sang "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" (isn't that what it's called?) scottish style with an accordian. It rocked.
2. Playing steamroller. I bet you can't guess who initiated this? His name starts with a "K" and and rhymes with "racey". This kid has more energy than a two year old. I don't know how my mom survived him. By the time we were done playing steamroller (yes, we all played) we had big empty spaces ALL AROUND US. I'm sure people thought we were not only drinkin' stuff, but smokin' stuff too. To which I say, absolutely not! We had a good dose of Kacey. That'll do it for anyone!
Monday, 18 August: Getting ready to play steamroller... and enjoyin' the spoonin' time. Thanks Adrienne for taking the pictures! Wish you were in here snugglin'.
1. Parking. Talk about rediculous. But, of course, Kacey was there so things were comical rather than irritating. In the beginning I was driving, attempting to get out of the horribly unorganized parking lot. Kacey, Nic, and Travis were having a gay-ol' time barking at people as they passed (oh, these guys are soooo funny!) I had been trying to get out of the parking lot for nearly 40 minutes. Apparently, I wasn't being aggressive enough. So, I made Kacey drive and he got us outta there in under ten minutes. I'm so glad I have a big-little brother.
Oh! You want an encore? One more great moment... we were filling up with gas. Kacey thinks it's funny when you see someone and you pretend you know them. So, here is the dialog... oh, it was good.
Kacey (in drivers seat, looking at guy across from him filling his car up with gas): Mike! Mike!
Guy filling up turns and looks at Kacey, confused.
Kacey (in drivers seat, looking at guy filling up with gas):
Oh, sorry, I thought you were a guy I knew.
Nic (filling the car up with gas):
Sorry about that. What's your name?
Guy filling up:
Todd.
Nic (filling the car up with gas):
Sorry about that. He had a boyfriend named Mike and you look a lot like him.
WE WERE IN THE CAR LAUGHING OUR GUTS OUT!!! Oh! It was fabulous! And of course, this would only be funny if you have a big dose of Kacey.
This was one of the funnest nights I've had in a LONG time. Thanks so much to my thoughtful and oh-so-fun hubby!

1 comment:
So as I was reading, my random selection picked Jack Johnson, We Can Be! HAHA! Looks like you had a blast! Good for you two! I liked him in concert when I went 2 years ago. Really fun!
Post a Comment