Wednesday, August 27, 2008

So Grateful

To simply say thank you is not enough. We are overwhelmed with gratitude at how the fundraiser/yardsale went. It was absolutely amazing. We are humbled at how many "strangers" came to support us and Mercydez. We were moved to tears over and over and over. Thank you so much. I will do my best to post some pictures. Our hearts are forever changed. We now have a goal of paying it forward. We want to be like the many, many, MANY who came. Thank you so much.

It's been a long recovery process for all of us! There were about six who litterally stayed up all Friday night to set up and stayed through the whole yard sale PLUS stayed and cleaned up. Talk about amazing and devoted friends. You know who you are and I love you guys! Thank you so much! There has been a lot of time devoted to sleep, cleaning the house (my mom and I spent all day Friday baking and Crystal and I baked until 3:00am for the bake sale), putting lotion on our completely burned faces and bodies, etc. etc. etc. Once again, thanks to everyone who sacrificed so much. There are too many of you to list, but thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! (I kinda feel like I'm at an awards show... sorry).

On a much sadder note, my brother moved to Idaho this past weekend. He is Utah Helicopters newest instructor up there! Go Kade! He's living in Idaho Falls... I truly hope he has a good experience. It's sad to loose him, but I'm also very happy for him. He has always dreamed of being a helicopter pilot and he has worked like crazy to reach this dream. Megan, his wife, has supported him through all of it. I know it has been a sacrifice for both of them. It will pay off! It will be worth all the hard work! Kade has set an incredible example for all of my family. He doesn't ever settle for mediocre (I think I butchered that spelling). He will make such a great instructor. You can be sure that everyone in his classes will know their stuff... Kade is all about fairness and doing what's right. These students better work hard and gain the knowledge they need or Kade won't allow them to risk their lives... or anyone elses, for that matter. We love you Kade. We hope things are going well.

So, somethin' cute about Mercydez? Oh, how I love this little girl! She is such a delight! I gave her a bath today and she slept through the ENTIRE thing! She woke up when I took her out of the bath, but as soon as I put her down to lotion her up and dress her... yup! Her eyes were crossed and she was OUT! I couldn't take any pictures because I was the only one here bathing her and what kind of a mother would I be if I left her in the tub to get a camera? I would hate to ever be associated with the moron father who left his baby in the car (at 11:00pm, no less) so he could watch his batman movie. Urg. That's a soap box for another day though. Anyway, we'll leave it at that fact that Mercydez is the most adorable, sweet, hilarious li'l baby girl in the world. Oh how we love her!

Thanks again to everyone who came and supported us. Thanks to those who put it together and truly sacrificed a LOT of time in behalf of us and our little fudge brownie (in the words of Aunt Addy). Sending you our love!

9 comments:

Elisa said...

Oh I'm SO glad it went well!! People are amazing aren't they?

Em said...

I just want to know where we can get the very yummy recipe for the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! We would do anything for you guys. Mercydez will always have a piece of our hearts. We need to get together! Seriously!
Heart hugs,
Emily and Mike

Stacy said...

Nic and Ashely,
I am so excited that everything was such a huge success! I have to tell you I am not the least bit surprised. You are both such wonderful people. You have a way of touching the hearts of those around you. You are always so giving (even when it is you that needs the giving).Your daughter is a perfect reflection of the both of you. Please know that for every person who showed up, there are at least 2 more that couldn't make it. We were there in spirit! We are all so thrilled to hear Mercy is doing so well. I know it has been a rough go of it. You are all an inspiration. We just love you guys, Stacy, Chance, and Big Baby Corbin

Mp said...

I'm so glad to hear that the fund raiser was a success!!! We enjoyed talking to your Mom and Dad. You have such a wonderful family and great support system! We did miss seeing you guys its been awhile, Mercydez is such a doll. Please know that we think of your family often and have said many prayers.

Hugs,
Mike & Rebecca Patton
IHH-VP

Brisa said...

i'm so happy that the fundraiser turned out so well, i am sad i couldn't be there though:( love you guys. give your precious doll a HUGE kiss for me.

3+Love~aki=Us said...

We couldn't make it to the Fundraiser b/c Emil worked. However, I emailed everyone I have an email for and told them about it. I am so happy to hear about the turn out! Some friends of mine that went said it was HUGE and crowded. We did have a wedding reception to go to in Kearns and made our way to AF at about 8:00p.m. to see family. We stopped to get gas at Harts and guess what was on the stations door? A flyer for the fundraiser and just thought of you the rest of the night..I wish I would've thought to show up to help clean up!..dang it. I love how Mercy slept through her bath! Haha! Cute!

carolyn q said...

It was a great event and my kids came away with some great treasures.
I know when we were there we were able to meet up with Stephanie Ellinger, Brynn Homer, The Patton's. . so I know there was a few from the group that came to support this wonderful cause. Of course we love you and how could you not love Mercydez?
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn Quigley

Catherine said...

It's so good to connect with you guys again. Thanks for leaving a comment, and now I can check out your blog and keep updated.

I'm very happy that everything went well with the fundraiser. And, I enjoyed that cute story of Mercydez in the bath! What a sweetie.

Brandon and Natalie said...

I am so glad that the fundraiser went so well! That was such a great article they did about you in the paper.