Nic, Mercy and I had an interview with a very nice gentleman from The Daily Herald yesterday. It went very well. We are so excited that Mercydez's story is on the FRONT PAGE of todays paper (Friday, August 22nd)! Our goal in this interview and in allowing our story to be told is to help others who may be experiencing difficulty. Having a baby is so hard... emotionally, mentally, and physically. To have a baby who has "issues" only magnifies these hardships. BUT! Even through hardships there is much happiness and joy to be had! This message was our ultimate goal in allowing our story to be told and in putting out our blog for many to see. Family is what it's all about. Making it through hard times makes you stronger, if you allow it. If you are a Daily Herald reader coming to view our blog and ultimately coming to know our family, we welcome you. If you are a reader of the Daily Herald who is viewing our blog because you, too, are dealing with unknowns, we want you to know: there is hope. There is happiness. We don't claim to be perfect or all-knowing, so please don't misread our jumbled thoughts. We just want others to know they aren't alone.
We were so excited to read the article on our sweet angel baby! We want to thank, ahead of time, any who attend the yard sale and/or donate to Mercydez and her cause. We wanted to clarify that any donations will be used for Mercydez, whether it be medical bills or care needs. There have already been so many who have donated... and not just money. We appreciate anyone who has given financially, those who have given time, love, and support. Thank you so much.
Sending our love,
Nic, Ashley, and Mercy
PS For any family or friends who are reading this post and haven't read the article you can click on the link below and it will take you to it:

15 comments:
I followed the link from the Daily Herald because I am so inspired by your strength as a family! Mercy is simply adorable!
Mercy is in the elite group of "perfection on Earth". Her sweet spirit chose to take on the challenges that we that are 'able' were not strong enough to endure. As I hear it put every Sunday at the Developmental Center Ward, the valiant fighters on the Father's side in the fight in Heaven, who accept the challenges that we do not, are perfect Celestial beings here on Earth, put here to teach us more than we ever learn & grasp, & will be granted immediate entrance to the Celestial Kingdom upon their return from the Earth.
Our love, hope, & prayers are with you!
I read the interview and it was wonderful! How awesome to be such an influence on the people around you. Great picture too!
The article turned out amazing! Your family is adorable and Mercedyz is lucky to have parents like you! LOVE her shades in the picture!!!
Jealous about the Jack Johnson concert!!
Andrea
We had quite the surprise when Mike opened the paper and the beautiful article was there. Mike read it while I drove to my sister's, and we shared many tears. It was so touching, and so sweet. Beautifully written. Thank-you for helping to raise awareness and helping to life up other families!
Heart hugs,
Emily and Mike
Hi there ... My mom is in Natalie's ward in Provo and linked me to the story. Not sure if you remember me, but we were in the singles ward together, probably right before you guys got married (and me too). Anyway -- I am just so touched by your sweet baby Mercy! Sending lots of prayers and hugs to your family, bless your hearts!
Sara (Packham) Joyner
I'm also friends w/ your SIL Mandy (does she have a blog? I'd love to get in touch with her.)
i got the article in my google alerts with the words charge syndroem i am a charger to and nwo im reading you r all good ive had many probs and am now 23 ive had cleft lip palate i have gtube hearing probs and vision and many other probs xxxxxxxx love you lots ellen in aus
Good luck with everything. My thoughts and prayers are with you. It is nice that you could get information out there about kids with CHARGE. I have a niece who has CHARGE. We are hoping for the best.
Hi Haws family! I'm a friend of Nic's from High school! My dad still asks about him and the rest of the boys who used to come over for BYU football games! Go cougs! Oh the good times.
My mom saw the article in the newspaper and saved it for me to read. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. Mercy is absolutely precious. What an honor as parents to have her in your life! Thank you for sharing her with the rest of us.
We went to the yard sale today and were happy to see the support of the community. The hot homemade wheat bread was divine!! Lots of love from the Blake & Jackson family.
What a beautiful article! Mercy is just adorable! Thank you for posting a comment on Katie's blog and for adding a link on your blog. We'll do the same and add Mercy to our list of CHARGE friends. Can't wait to read more about your "princess"!
Hugs,
Leslie, Arlin, & Katie Kauffman
I noticed your story because I have children with "issues" myself.
I opened your blog and my girls saw the picture of Mercy in her sunglasses. They both immediatly started gushing over her "Mom that baby is SO Cute!"
They insisted that I inform you of that... I told them I was pretty sure you knew how cute she was!
Kids are so sweet. :) Good luck!
What a beautiful article and I am sure what an inspiration you are to so many you will never meet, but touched their hearts.
I was out at the fundraiser today and it looked like to was going well. . .and of course my kids came away with some great treasures in the process. HeHee!
As always we continue to keep your family in our thoughts and prayers.
By the way. . .the picture was very cute!
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn Quigley
Hi Ashley it's me Ashley (Allen) my sister just sent me an e-mail about your story saying that you used to be in her stake and that you were about my age and she thought I might like to read your story and remember how blessed we are. When I clicked on the article and saw your picture and that I knew you I just cried.
Thank you for being a shining example of strength through your trials. What a sweet daughter and blessing and a fitting name. Last time I talked with you on facebook I just had heard about how hard your pregnancy was, but I hadn't hear more. I'm glad things are looking brighter. What a great article in the Daily Herald. Wow. I will be praying for you and your darling family.
The article turned out great and your little family picture was adorable! You guys are truly amazing! I hope the yard sale went well - wish I could have been there! Thinking of you!
You guys did a great job. Mercy is so sweet.
Always sending prayers your way!!
Pam and Rhett
I loved the article!! You guys continue to amaze me in everything you do! Okay, the steam roller pictures below crack me up! The three guys spooning in the center..that's a site to see!! HEHE. You guys look and sound like you have lots of fun...definately our type :)
I really wanted to attend the yard/baked good sale, but couldn't get away....SO, my sister and I are excited to come to the fun/run walk!!! YaY! My sister is 18 and has a VSD, so she is excited to come support too!
I'm jealous about the Johnson concert too!!
We continue to pray for you sweet family,
Jen
Post a Comment