Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bitter-Sweet

I sure love my mom. She has been my constant support. She has reassured me, many times over, of very important truths. I love you Mom. Thank you for your very kind and deeply thoughtful words. I can't begin to express my gratitude for you, it's overwhelming.

Mother's Day weekend was bitter-sweet. I wasn't expecting it to be as difficult as it was. I was warned by a close friend, but, I didn't think it would effect me like it did. It was just hard AND beautiful. I felt the Spirit teach me, once again, of the truthfulness of eternal families. I am a mother. I am. Loosing my little Sweet Pea for a season doesn't remove my title. Motherhood is divine. All women, who desire, are mothers. This extends to those who can't have children, for whatever reason. I am determined that a woman does NOT need "proof" to be a mother. She only needs the Spirit of Motherhood.

Nic gave me a very special gift. To many, it's vain. To me, it's what my heart has needed. Nic gave me my dream Mother's Ring. It's actually quite simple. I'm big on sentimental value. My wedding ring is a replica of my Grammie's current wedding band. My Mother's Ring is a replica of my Grammie's wedding band from when my Grandpa very first proposed to her. It's very... vintage. Simple. Delicate. Like my angel girl.

To say I absolutely LOVE it is an understatement. I love it, not only because it's incredibly beautiful, but because of the meaning and symbolism behind it. I am grateful I was able to be at Mercydez's side. She and I were ALWAYS together. Oh, how I love her. I miss her company. And, in my own way, now I'm carrying her with me all the time. I am so blessed. I am so grateful. I am able to look down at my hands and see reminders of my eternal family... my amazing, wonderful husband on the left, and my beautiful, perfect angel Mercydez on the right.

9 comments:

Bill & Jen said...

I can't even imagine, the bitter-sweet emotions you had on Mother's Day. I absolutely LOVE your ring! Nic did an outstanding job! :) (when is your bday??)

Kayla said...

Such a beautiful ring, and a great way to remember your little Mercy always. I can't even imagine the roller coaster of emotions you must have gone through on Mothers Day. Mercy was lucky to have you as a mother.

Stephanie Ellinger said...

What a gorgeous ring and such a thoughtful husband. The symbolism too... you are very lucky to be married to such a great guy.

Molly said...

Love it the ring! Nic did good!

Megan B ♥ said...

Beautiful!! And perfect. So glad he thought to do it. Go, Nic!

Jessica Munk said...

I love the ring. It's beautiful what an awesome thing to have with so much meaning!

likeschocolate said...

What a thoughtful gift! You will always be a mommy no matter what. We are born mommies from the time we are born.

One Happy Heart Family said...

What a beautiful ring. Great job Nic. What a great way to remember your princess.

Travis & Adrienne said...

You also have a gift with words. I love reading your posts because everytime I do I am awed. You have an ability to state things in a simply poignant way.

You're mothers ring is beautiful and you're very deserving of it. I don't blame you for loving it.

Love,
Addy