Sunday, May 17, 2009

Moab

We just got back from a WAY fun family reunion to Moab, Utah. It was so awesome! I'm not your typical camper, but I enjoyed EVERY moment we were down there. It was so nice to get away.

Of course, our trip wouldn't be complete without a few emergencies...

While biking the Slick Rock Practice trail on Friday, my brother-in-law, Lucas (Nic's bro), crashed HARD. I honestly thought he was dead. I'm not joking. Miraculously, he had no breaks, no serious damage, just bruises and a sore body. Honestly though, he should have been broken up. He was cruising down the hill at full speed and went down a slope not realizing that RIGHT AFTER the slope was a three-to-four foot drop off. His front tire ended up exploding and his bike dragged him a good thirty feet. It was terrifying. You KNOW we love Lucas just by the simple fact that we sat in the TINY ER with rediculous medical staff for three-and-a-half hours. I'm grateful he's okay.

Nic had an accident of his own. He was going pretty fast and hit a deep sand pit. His bike did a quick-stop on him and down he went. I'm also grateful he is okay. I don't think I could handle something happening to him.

And yet another emergency... My uncle was stung by a wasp. He's very seriously allergic. Amazingly, his reaction wasn't as severe as it normally is. He kept his epi-pen close by but never had to use it. Yet, another miracle.

Sounds like an adventure, huh? Well, dispite the many scary moments, we had a BLAST! I could have stayed for a few more days! I'm surprising myself by saying that! Here are a few pics (in no particular order) of the fun we had... good times!












These five boys did the main Slick-Rock trail. WOOT! WOOT! For them!!!

























2 comments:

Kayla said...

Sounds like such an exciting trip. I'm glad nobodies injuries were too bad. It's always scary when people get hurt...especially in a small town with a small town hospital!

Bill & Jen said...

Glad everyone is home safe and sound....I second the scary small town hospital stuff...
Looks like you had a good time!!!