
The picture above is of sweet little Brooklyn Bailey. What a beautiful little girl...
Is it possible to have your heart intertwined and in love with someone you've never met face to face? Is it possible for spirits to connect from a distance? I deeply believe this is real. It's real for all of us, if we just allow the miracle of connection to happen.
As many may know, Nic and I belong to a wonderful group called "Intermountain Healing Hearts". We are a "Heart Family". We help each other, vent to each other, say things to each other which couldn't be said or understood anywhere else, and we cry together. The last couple of days I have cried and cried with a beautiful family who has had to say goodbye to their sweet little girl, Brooklyn. My heart is breaking for them. No, I don't understand what they are going through. But, I am trying to walk with them, from a distance. I feel as though my spirit has connected, in a small way, with theirs.
I strongly believe that these little children... children who aren't "normal" are so very special. Heavenly Father blesses those who are "normal", the ones who TRULY need help, with these amazing, PERFECT little ones. Some of these little ones are able to grow and bless lives while here on the earth for a good amount of time while others are called back to Heavenly Father too quickly. These angels still bless us in ways we can't always see. But these angels are there. They are always there. What a blessing to be in the presence of these special ones, no matter the amount of time.
To my friends, the Bailey family, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I believe in her all too short life that, as you said, Brooklyn has written volumns. She has touched and changed many around her. She has touched those who haven't met her face to face. God bless your family for enduring the difficult loss of your special little angel. Our hearts are with you.

4 comments:
Thank-you for your sweet words. I know these children are SOOO special. I know that these special ones that continue to bless our lives are here because we need the blessings. It is not because they need to learn more, it is because we need them to teach us to love and forgive. You guys are amazing and we feel such a connection. We too mourn for Brooklyn. She and Gracie were across the hall from each other for nearly two months. I honestly knew just looking across that this little girl was extra special. I felt the same way about Isaac when we met him. I feel the same way about Mercydez, but I KNOW her mission continues and it blesses countless people. I am one that has been touched.
Ashley ... I can feel the pain and compassion you feel and have for your friends and their valiant little children. You are so Christ-like and we are all blessed by your great example of love and compassion. Thank you for sharing with me and my prayers will be with them also.
I love to read what you write. I am sorry to hear the loss in your dear friends the Bailey family... I appreciate how you describe each experience and how you are able to put it all in words. You know I love you! I feel strongly that you can make sweet and lasting connections with people you haven't met or known very long...I've experienced with MANY. It only makes sense right? We once knew each other VERY well and loved each other. What a blessing we are given to have the chance to "refresh" our memories in this life even by small and simple means. You and Nic amaze me. I hope that we will become Millennial neighbors! ;) Your sweet Mercy IS very special, just as you said. I have a simple testimony of that about her and all those challenged with different abilities. Love you all!
What a beatiful sweet baby. I have been staring at her picture. My heart is broken for her family. Nic and Ashley, part of me is so happy you have someone (other families) to share your heartache, someone who you can vent to, someone who can relate to your situation. But most of me is so sorry there has to be any family going through what your wonderful family is going through. Let alone enough families to start up a 'support group'. If that makes any sense? I just wish all babies were fat and healthy. Although I firmly believe Mercy, Brooklyn, and many other babies are perfect little earth angels, it still doesn't ease our hearts when good people have this kind of heartache. Please know we love you, and please tell your friends there are families praying from afar....
Post a Comment