Sunday, September 7, 2008

TEAM MERCY!

(Note: Travis, Adrienne, and Marin were taking the pics, that's why they aren't in them.)



Yesterday was the Intermountain Healing Hearts Fun Run/Walk. It was so awesome to be a part of it! Of course, I was running a bit behind, but we made it just before everyone started the race. We were the last ones to take off, but I figure it's the spirit of the law, not the letter of the law. I was just happy to be there! There was an amazing spirit to the whole day. The race was great (I'm pretty sure we came in last, but that's okay. I'm not much into competition :)) After the race there were pictures being taken of family/friend groups and then of the entire group as a whole. Then we had a very beautiful and touching Angel Ceremony. I cried thinking of these little ones. Tears of happiness and tears of sorrow. Everything was just perfecty done. To finish things off there was a bunch of prizes and there was a drawing. It was pretty fun! Mercydez won a blanket and Nic won tickets to the Desert Star Theatre! That will be fun!

I was touched by the many who showed up to love and support Mercy. My friend, Caroline drove down from Logan. Caroline is amazing. I have a deep love and respect for her and her husband. They are two very strong people. They have been through a great deal and their faith is only stronger because of it. They came to Primary Childrens to support and meet Mercydez. I can't tell you how painful that must have been for them. But they did it anyway. Wow. THAT is love.

I was also able to meet a good friend for the first time! Jenni came down from Idaho to show her love and support. She is so thoughtful and so kind. She has an incredible spirit about her. It was AWESOME to finally meet her. I have to tell you though, I was kinda in awe when she approached me. I know it sounds stupid, but I have really come to learn the overwhelming GOODNESS of so many. Jenni is one of those people. I felt undeserving of her friendship... I know that sounds kinda cheesy and weird, but I don't know how to describe it. It's just powerful meeting those people who truly, TRULY go out of their way to serve someone else. I want to be like that. It was also good to meet her sister, who has VSD. It was encouraging to hear her story. There is nothing happier than hearing of anothers success in life. It's very uplifting. I also got to meet Jenni's CUTE-AS-CAN-BE Lilly. Oh my goodness! Talk about beautiful eyes! Babies are just adorable. Lilly had her "10 Month Birthday" yesterday. Seriously, she is so cute.

(Sorry it's a shot from behind. They were walkin' and talkin' and laughin' their way to the finish line. You all look great from the back though! :))

Alicia, Marin, Mary Kay, and ADORABLE Keegan came too! I'm mad at myself because I STILL haven't taken the chance to hold Keegan and I've had TWO opportunities. I'll just blame Trav. He was hogging Keegan anyway! ;) Honestly though, we have been blessed with amazing support! We consider the Brauns and the Smiths family. We feel like Braxton, Marin, Grayson and Keegan are li'l cousins for Mercy (and cute ones at that!). We are so grateful for your support. I can't tell you how much it means to us. Thank you, thank you!

Well, I'm going to post a bunch of pics... so take a look! Thanks to those who came and showed their love and support. And those who couldn't make it, maybe you can join the fun next year! We missed you!



6 comments:

Stephanie Ellinger said...

Wasn't that fun? It is so great to have everyone together like. (I cried too at the angel ceremony!) Mercy is a doll; when I see you tomorrow at Primary's I want to hold her!

Stacy said...

Oh my gosh, you guys cried at the ceremony? I was crying at your blog! I can only imagine what a mess I would have been at the ceremony. I am so pumped you guys had so much support. Mercydez looked adorable! You guys have the best attitude. You are all so giving and selfless! We love you Mercy! PS, I wish we could have had little Corbin out there with his yellow shades on, but I think the NICU would frown on a kidnapping. Even if it was for a short time :)

Deidra said...

Ashley! I was so happy to read the article in the Herald (someone posted it in the NICU). Do you remember me? I was one of Mercydez primary nurses and i have often wondered how she was doing. You are all amazing people and I am happy to hear you are doing well. I am gonig to put a link to you on my blog so I can see what you are up to once in a while. I hope you don't mind. Tell Mercy I said hi and take care.
Love,
Deidra

Melissa said...

Thank you for your help with the prizes! You are awesome! I hope you enjoy Desert Star. It's our favorite!!! The sho right now is one of the best...so hilarious!! You'll have to tell me how you like it!
Melissa

Bill & Jen said...

I'M the one that should feel undeserving! Thank Thank you for sharing Mercy's sweet journey. You guys are amazing! I thought YOU guys couldnt be anymore adorable until I saw you in person. Thanks Ashley and Nic for letting me meet you!
I love her lil leggums on her!

carolyn q said...

Ashley,
I was so HAPPY to see your family there and I hope is wasn't to hard on Mercydez. It's just amazing to see what IHH has become in just under a year . . .which you have been a huge part of with showering your amazing love. I am so blessed because of my little Angel to be in the presence of such amazing and loving people as yourself. Thank you!