Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Can't WAIT!


I have really taken a stand for Motherhood. I love being a mom and I know many women who would agree with me. Yes, Motherhood is the HARDEST thing I've ever taken on, but I wouldn't change it for ANYTHING! I have learned more than ever before. I have been blessed abundantly! And I have a beautiful little girl and a wonderful husband! I couldn't ask for more!

Around this time last year I heard a talk that completely struck me. I have been listening to this talk EVERY day for the last week or so and I plan on listening to it everyday until I have it memorized! Yup! I've decided I want to memorize it! This talk is so refreshing and empowering! This talk has made me want to be a better person all around, but it has given me the push I want and need to become the mother I truly want to be. The talk is titled "Mothers Who Know". You can listen to it by clicking here. Scroll close to the bottom. It's a talk by Julie Beck.

I remember where I was at, who I was with, and what I was doing when this talk was given. That's how much it struck me. This talk was given for me. I need these words.

I am so overly excited about General Conference! I can't wait! It's like I'm hungering and thirsting after the words that will be spoken! I haven't always been like this. I think I started craving the Gospel and the Truths of the Gospel when my testimony became MINE. It was no longer borrowed. That happened around my 16th birthday.

Anyway, I can't wait for the General Relief Society Broadcast this Saturday night! And I can't wait for next weekend. I have had many things on my mind and I know without a doubt that the Lord hears me. I can't wait to hear what He has to say through those who have been called!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Thanks for sharing your excitement. Life gets so busy and sometimes I forget, but I too am way excited for conference.
I love that talk about motherhood too and it made me sad to hear some women in the church who disagreed with it. Thanks for your idea, I will have to start listening to it!

Stephanie Ellinger said...

I remember too what I was doing when that talk was given. I wasn't prediagnosed with Nathan, but I have clung to that talk since he born. It was easier having only one child who was very healthy and smart. Although I loved and cared for Elisabeth, she was much easier and I was working full time, trying to go to graduate school, and taking care of a sick parent from the time she was a year old to two years old. I hadn't taken the time to really be the mom I should have been to Ellie.

These are the words that I try to live by now. Its not always easy, but its certainly more fulfilling.

"Mothers who know are nurturers. This is their special assignment and role under the plan of happiness. To nurture means to cultivate, care for, and make grow."

You are doing great with Mercy. Does she have an appointment with the gastroenteroligist about how little her stomach can tolerate at once?

Thanks for the tip with the G-tube. We're getting Praxiar to send us one.

Stephanie Ellinger said...

Nathan is being seen by Molly O'Gorman and the dietician is Sharlene Coombs. If you can get into them, I love them! Sharlene is helping us get the formula paid for by the health care company even though they are resisting. It is that Nathan is g-tube dependent. Dr. "Molly" (as she likes to call herself), is thorough and put Nathan on 3 meds to get his motility issues to be better. If I were you, I would have your pedicatrician make a phone call for you for the referral (and get an appointment) and then have you placed on the waiting list if anyone misses an appointment. Both Dr. Cowley (cardiologist) and Dr. Bennett (Pediatrician) did this for us. Although Dr. Bennett couldn't get us an appointment for closer than 3 months out, once Dr. Cowley made the call, we were in the clinic in less than a week. Push for both to help you... Mercy really needs it. Nathan couldn't tolerate more than an ounce at a time over 45 minutes after his heart surgery in June. Since July 1st since we saw Dr. Molly, he is handling 6 oz over 45 minutes or so and he can be moved while eating. Although its not perfect, it is HUGE progress.

Good luck with it and get right on it!

Brandon and Natalie said...

I agree, thank you for sharing your excitement.

That was an amazing talk by Sister Beck. It also made me sad to hear some women in the church strongly disagree with the talk.

I too am excited for this weekend and the next.

Em said...

I too am excited! I love conference and I actually do not have to work ANY of it this year! Whoo-hoo!

The Andersens said...

you have posted a lot recently!!! i'm way behind!
i completely agree with your blog about the child molester and such...i'm excited to fight that with the link you gave! and i lOVE that video a few posts down of you and Mercy playing. it is so so sweet. interaction from your baby is the best. Grace has just started actually wanting to play and its the best.
General Conference will indeed be amazing! thanks for posting the link for that amazing talk. :)
you're a wonderful mother and your little angel is adorable!

The Andersens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pinky Homer said...

That talk is amazing and I love to listen to it and be reminded of the type of mother I can be. I can't wait and as seen in Elder Uchdorf's talk last night ... we are up for a treat next weekend!