Monday, September 15, 2008

Help Protect Our Children by Reading This...

I am one who is against pornography 1000%! I can't STAND porn in any sort of way! It makes my blood boil. Pornography is NOT a victimless crime!!! AND YES! IT IS A CRIME! It ruins not only the viewer, but those around him or her. It is pure evil. There is NOTHING good about it. EVER.

I know that many don't really enjoy Oprah, but for the most part, I do. I was watching today and I became outraged! It was on Child Pornography and Child Molestors. I like to call these people MONSTERS. They aren't people. They are so far beyond feeling true compassion, true love. They don't respect innocence and purity. They are selfish, horrible, evil, conspiring monsters. There was a statistic that was given on Oprah today that just appauled me. Did you know that THREE OUT OF FOUR children are impacted by pornography or molestors???? This is WRONG and we need to do something about it. What can we do?

There is an Act that is being brought before our Senators and it's called "Protect Our Children", Act 1738. This is being passed (or not) THIS MONTH. This act will, in a nutshell, give more money towards stopping these monsters. Money will be put towards programs and personnel to track these horrible evil monsters and get rid of them. How can you help get this Act passed? Click here. Read the instructions (yes, it will take you to a webpage within Oprah). Read it and do as it says.

PLEASE pass the word along! Put in on your blog, email everyone you know, send out a text message... I DON'T CARE! We need to stand for what's right. We need to stop these monsters and we only have a few days to get our government's help. Please stand with me. Stand with your child. Take a stand and protect those who cannot protect themselves!!!

7 comments:

Travis & Adrienne said...

Well said.

The Simmons Family said...

I watched last night's Oprah for about 5 min and was so sick to my stomach I couldn't watch anymore. It's disgusting and they truely are the greatest monsters! It blew my mind when she started on the statistics. I'm so sad that my kids have to grow up in this time of disgust and I fear even more for my grandchildren. It's so bad I can't even let my daughter have a sleepover at a friends house for fear that a neighbor, brother or friend may do something to her... even if I completely trust the parents. It's just aweful.

Andrea

carolyn q said...

Thanks for posting the info so others can participate to get the bill passed. I will do my part.

Heart Hugs,
Caorlyn

Elisa said...

a-freakin-men!

Deidra said...

Thanks for inspiring me to make a similar post! I also sent out an email to my entire contact list and I think people are writing their letters! I also saw the show and really wanted to do something to help. We mothers need to take a stand! You are awesome.

Semi Granola Mom said...

What is hard with Senate Bill 1738 is the fact that is has been dog eared with SOO many other bills that are ludicrus is that is why it shouldn't pass.
Now don't think I am against it, but before getting people to jump on it, one should read the Bill and see all the other things that are trying to get swept up in such a great movement.
When writing one's senators, one should ask them to not vote for it this time around and to have it retried on it's own. Rewrite it so that it isn't bunched up with all the other bills trying to ride it's coat wings... bills that once off the coat wings will overshadow the original purpose we should be seeking with all the harm they will cause.
Just a heads up on the situation :)
~C

Nic and Ashley Haws said...

Lewis Family, I have tried to find this bill so I can read it completely through. I can't seem to find it. Can I ask you where you have found it? I'm not claiming to know, inside and out, what these bills mean in their fullness, but I am doing my best to learn. I am just so SICK of these horrible monsters out there attacking the innocent and those who cannot defend themselves. It makes me shake with anger. We need to get RID of these evil, disgusting monsters. I'm willing to support almost anything to do this.