Monday, September 22, 2008

Chef Ashley To The Rescue!

So, I've decided I want to be a good cook... no, make that an AMAZING cook. Who ever knew there was so much involved in making a yummy, REAL meal? I've realized that my wonderful husband has settled for less than mediocre since we've been married... however, that may be because the first meal I made him, I got the comment, "Yeah, these are good. Not nearly as good as your moms though." Nic learned VERY quickly what to say and what not to say. Haha. Now I'm able to look back and laugh about that. :)

Is it just me or does it seem like we have standardized dinner as being processed food and coming out of a box? Hmmm, and we wonder why we can't ever see our feet when we look down? So, I've decided to jump out of the norm and actually learn how to do REAL cooking.

So, wish me luck. We'll see how long this little venture lasts. :)

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Good Luck!!!
I've been on that path for quite a few years now. One of the greatest rewards was when Kevin said to the kids at the dinner table, "you guys are so lucky. Did you know your mom is the best cook?"
BTW, I post all the ward's creative cooking recipes on a blog. Check it out sometime if you're ever in need. creativecookbook.blogspot.com

Pinky Homer said...

I've been in the same cicle for 10 yrs already! Now I'm trying to start making changes. I wish you luck on your quest and may the force be with you! I know you'll be rewarded.

Deedra said...

I have had that intention since the day I married Garrett. But I hate to say it, I still can't cook or bake worth a crap. Its horrible!

Elisa said...

I've been doing "real" cooking lately too. It certainly takes a lot more time and cleaning up. However, it is better for us and it makes me feel good when I make a yummy meal for my family. I dream of being a great cook...someday.